Wednesday, September 3, 2008

CHESLEY**LAK*E

August 14-16, 2008

My family has been going here for YEARS! This year we weren't able to get into the campgrounds (which probably worked out for the best since I wasn't feelin' so great :)) As the week progressed, I began to feel guilty that my kids weren't there with their cousins, having some good summer fun. Sooo..... I headed out with the kids on Thursday, August 14th. Bryan was unable to come with us due to work, but I psyched myself up for the drive and arrived in about 3 hours. Not bad, considering we stopped for snacks, lunch and a bathroom break.

The first night, we stayed with Rick and Melinda at their cottage and the second night at the motel where my parents stayed. It actually worked out great. The kids had a blast and it was well worth it.


They have organized activities scheduled everyday if you would like to participate. Zachary participated in the toddler t-ball game (which is about 15 minutes of hitting the ball and running around the bases) Really cute! Breanna, since 6, played t-ball with the 6-12 year olds. Quite a difference in age. But it was neat how the older kids took it a bit easy on the younger ones. :)
Cassandra too young to play, but had a hoot on the sidelines!
Make a wish!
Cassandra with Chris. So cute!
Uncle Steve helped the kids go fishing. They were quite thrilled with their catch. Who ever said "bigger is better"? They thought theirs were the best!

Quite proud!
Breanna caught one too!
Breanna and Meaghan went tubing behind Uncle Rick's boat. The two princesses had a great social time together!


9:00pm Friday evening I had the kid's in bed and was just packing up for the trip home in the morning. There was a knock on the motel door and when I opened it.....there stood Bryan! Surprise!! He had been given a ride up- by some friends who had a cottage in the area. He came so I wouldn't have to drive home. I was thilled first of all to see him, second because I didn't have to drive home. (I can usually handle a 3 hour drive, but due to pregnancy (exhaustion) and medication (side effect exhaustion!! it made it a bit challenging!)

When the kids woke up Saturday morning they were pretty excited to see Papa there!

2 comments:

The Carmodys said...

Looks like a good time. The weather looked like it was good too. Nice of Bryan to surprise you and the kids. :)

k

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures with Steve & Meaghan on them! Melanie